Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A friend

David Lee got in the car yesterday and said out loud....."Mom, I need to talk to you alone later.....it's important! I said "Ok, David....we will talk as soon as we get home. (All the time I am thinking...oh great he forgot an assignmnet....he got in a fight......or in trouble) SHAME ON ME!!!!!
We got home and David Lee starting in with his mumbling...(he does this when he's nervous) Umm ohhh well...I finally said "David! Just tell me what's up so I can help!
TO my surprise he said "Mom, you know peyton(she's a girl --oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I said"Yes, son.
David Lee "Well she had a special Valentine at school today & she kept taking it out so I could see it but wouldn't tell me who it was for.
Me "Ok"
David Lee " When we went to lunch Mom I couldn't take it & went back to her desk to see who she was giving it too.
Me "aaaaannnndddd?"
David Lee "It was to me Mom! He smiled a big grin and said I know Mom we are not suppose to have a girlfriend till high school or college.
Me Ok, now I want to cry! Where did my Hanum bear go....here I was now raising a young man......I finally said to him" Do you like her?"
David Lee "I do Mom.....she is a good friend to me!" Can we go out and get Valentine's for school?
Me "Yep....we will go tomorrow David.
David Lee gave me a big hug & kiss!
Me "I love you son!
David Lee "I love you Mommy...your the best!

HE MELTS MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: